- Reduced admission to all our concerts, house concerts, and workshops
- Reduced admission to our Folk Music Weekends
- Reduced admission to TradMaD Camp (Traditional Music and Dance Camp, 29 Aug - 4 Sept 2015)
- Our Newsletter, monthly (except July/August) with
listings of all our activities as well as other folk events around NYC, radio shows, festivals, etc.
- Reduced Rates for Hotlines in our Newsletter
- A link to your website on Our Members page.
- The right to vote in our annual board election (you can serve on the board if you have been a member in good standing for six months)
- Online Membership information:
login and see their membership information. change address or
delivery preferences. access a pdf copy of the newsletter,
and access an interactive directory of members.
There is an
ID number printed on the newsletter address label and included in
notification e-mails -- use that number to login at www.fsgw.org/nypfmc.
Interested in Joining?
You can print out and mail the Membership Form which shows all the membership options. For an on-line listing of membership options go to: http://fmsny.eventbrite.com and support us for the next
year. (This will be processed by Paypal, either through a credit card
or your Paypal account.)
$38 One year full membership
$70 Two year full membership
$55 One year family/dual membership
$100 Two year family/dual membership
$25 One year full-time student or low income
$30 One year family/dual full-time student or low income
$28 One year out of town membership (over 50 miles from NYC)
$43 One year family/dual out of town membership (over 50 miles from NYC)
Not sure you want to join just now? To get a free
copy of our monthly newsletter, with information on
becoming a member, send
an email with your name and postal address.
Other ways you can help the club
- If any members buy recordings, books, etc. from
via the Internet or the toll-free line, 800-548-FOLK, and identify
themselves as Pinewoods Club members, Camsco will donate
3% of the gross sales price of recording(s) to the Pinewoods Club.
Camsco carries many traditional and hard-to-find CDs, etc. and can
that are not in their catalog. Camsco Music, 28 Powell St, Greenwich,
- Buy books, CDs, etc. from
Barnes & Noble
via this link and help support the club.
- Help Us Search for Cash! Goodsearch.com
will give the club one cent for each time you
search the web!
To give the club credit for your search: go to www.GoodSearch.com.
In the DONATE TO box, type in: “Folk Music” (no
quotes); click on VERIFY, Folk Music Society of New York,
should come up -- proceed with your search.
- And, since we are a 501(c)(3) non-profit
donations, or donations-in-kind to our weekend auctions, are
tax-deductible to the extent permissible by law. Your
donations are most welcome.
Music Society of New York, Inc./NY Pinewoods Folk Music Club was
started in 1965 and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, educational corporation;
an affiliate of the Country Dance & Song Society of
America. A copy of our annual report is available from our
office at 444 W. 54th St, #7, NYC, NY 10019 or
from the Office of Charities Registration, N.Y. Dept. of State, 162
Washington Av, Albany, NY 12232.