The Folk Music Society of New York is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing opportunities to enjoy, learn about, and make folk music of all kinds. We produce and co-sponsor events in and around New York City, from weekend festivals to individual concerts, workshops, and singing sessions.
Upcoming Annual Events
October 27-29, 2023
August 24-30, 2024
Upcoming Concerts, Workshops, & Special Events
- Jim & Susie Malcolm, Live at Old Songs & Streaming Online – October 14
- Niamh Parsons & Graham Dunne, Live at Old Songs & Streaming Online – October 6
- CANCELED: FMSNY Ice Cream Social – September 29
- 2023 Portsmouth Maritime Folk Festival – September 23-24
- Joe Newberry & April Verch, Live at Old Songs – September 15
Recurring Sings & Jam Sessions
The Landmark Tavern, 626 11th Avenue, Manhattan NY (at 46th Street)
Sanger Hall, 48-20 Skillman Avenue in Sunnyside, Queens, NY (corner of 49th Street)
Nov. – Apr.: 12 Fulton St. & Zoom; May – Oct.: The Wavertree, 89 South St.
First Sunday of the month
May – Sept: Mount Prospect Park, Brooklyn, NY
Second Saturday of the month
Snug Harbor Cultural Center Building D, 1000 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY
Third Sunday of the month
Check out our Newsletter for a printable copy of all FMSNY happenings this month!