Portsmouth Maritime Folk Festival will take place in and around downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire on Sept. 23-24, 2023. It’s free and open to the public. Make your plans now to join us in our annual celebration of maritime music – and feel free to join in on the chorus!
For more information, see the Festival website http://pmffest.org/.
When: Saturday, September 23, 10am – Sunday, September 24, 6:15pm
Where: Portsmouth, NH, plus select live-streaming to YouTube!
Admission: Daytime events are free, with donations accepted. The Saturday evening concert is ticketed; reserve tickets here. Walk-ins will be admitted as space permits.
John Roberts * The Johnson Girls * Steve Turner
Sara Banleigh * Celeste Bernardo * Jerry Bryant * Castlebay
Alex Cumming * Ken Schatz * Nicole Singer * The Portermen
The Ranzo Boys * Dirty Blue Shirts * Jeff Warner * Bob Zentz
For performer bios and photos, please click here.
Full grid of performances (subject to change) can be found here.
Saturday, September 23rd:
- 10am – 11am: Festival Kick-Off with the Roving Chantey Singers, Market Square
- 11am – 3pm: Performances at Market Square, Moffatt Ladd (warehouse), Vaughan Mall, John Paul Jones (lawn), the African Burying Ground
- 3pm – 5pm: Open Pub and Chantey Sing at Portsmouth Book & Bar
- 7pm – 9pm: Evening Concert at the First United Methodist Church
Sunday, September 24th:
- 1pm – 5pm: Performances (see venues listed above)
- 5pm – 6:15pm: Chantey Blast at Market Square